HybridZ

Honda accord clutch slave cylinder

Lotus7

Well, I bought the 90 Honda Accord clutch slave cylinder, someone here said it might work.

Anyway, the 2 bolts does not match to the Rb26. Very close but no cigar.

I asked my machinist friend to align & re-drill the holes to match the Rb26. Done!...10 minutes.

At first, I thought the problem could be the length of the rod (short). Looks like plenty of throw.

I have not yet install the slave cylinder, do you know if the 2 bolts that don't align is the only problem?

Thanks

Good luck with that. I am sure someone saw that I had done that over on racebread.com with my car.

It would NOT work for me. The clutch always released at the very end of the clutch travel. I have now found that there is some sort of hydraulic problem in my system so I am not 100% sure that the slave cyl. was my actual issue.

Give it a try, the bore size of the honda slave is much smaller than the rb25 unit.

IMO do not bother and call Mckinney motorsports and get a nismo slave from them. After all the time and effort wasted I wish I had done the same up front.

Take it easy - Evan

Thanks...I will try and see what the issue.

Also, probably depends what type of dual friction clutch you are using. I bought the EXEDY dual friction.

I will find out soon.

Thanks for the feedback

Good luck with that. I am sure someone saw that I had done that over on racebread.com with my car.

It would NOT work for me. The clutch always released at the very end of the clutch travel. I have now found that there is some sort of hydraulic problem in my system so I am not 100% sure that the slave cyl. was my actual issue.

Give it a try' date=' the bore size of the honda slave is much smaller than the rb25 unit.

IMO do not bother and call Mckinney motorsports and get a nismo slave from them. After all the time and effort wasted I wish I had done the same up front.

Take it easy - Evan[/quote']

This is semi-related, but my clutch wouldnt engage. We took it out to realize the the clutch collar was different, it was .25" short. Apprently there are differences in the clutch collar in some of the RB25DET's. Instead of buying a new collar we made a spacer for the T/O bearing and it works fine now (just a little noisy).

-Q

Hmm ill check out the collar when I pull it apart.

I am running a z32 transmission btw with rb26dett bellhousing.

There is not much related to clutch type. I have an exedy 6 puck btw. My problem is that my underhood temps are too high. Next weekend I am making a bunch of heatshields to solve this issue.

Evan

Hmm ill check out the collar when I pull it apart.

I am running a z32 transmission btw with rb26dett bellhousing.

There is not much related to clutch type. I have an exedy 6 puck btw. My problem is that my underhood temps are too high. Next weekend I am making a bunch of heatshields to solve this issue.

Evan

Yeah, even with my ceramic coated turbo manifold and twin 12" fans, my engine bay feels hot with everything on.

Yeah, even with my ceramic coated turbo manifold and twin 12" fans, my engine bay feels hot with everything on.

Great, thats encouraging LOL. I see you have a griffin rad as well.

Ill let you guys know how it goes.

Evan

I can literally feel pressure build at my pedal when sitting at idle for a couple minutes.