HybridZ

Driveshaft Options w/RB25

Guest RB25DET Z31

Guest RB25DET Z31

Only a matter of weeks remain before the RB25 goes into my 86 Z31. I've got all of the parts except the driveshaft; because I am not sure which one is needed.

First off, does the stock driveshaft have the right teeth to even fit the RB25 tranny and is it roughly the same length?? I have a feeling that it won't work with the setup and I will have to find one that fits or put together a custom one. Thoughts and suggestions appreciated.

you will need a 31 spline drivesahft. If you dont have the original driveshaft yoke that goes to the tranny, I believe that the Z32 yoke is the same, however you will need the Z32 driveshaft customized to work in your car. The differential companion flange is not the same as a Z32. There is no way around a custom drivesahft for our cars. For a custom driveshaft you are looking at about $400-600. I am having an aluminum driveshaft made as soon as I get the RB in the car.

In the Z31 chassis alone there were 6 different driveshafts.

I had a D/S made for about $250 bucks. It was all brand new.

I used a Z32 yoke. I basically measured from the face of the rear transmission seal to the face of the differential flange and told them make it work and they did.

Powertrain Industries

7532 Anthony Ave, Garden Grove, CA

(714) 901-3611