HybridZ

Cant talk to Megasquirt with serial port

Chaoticmass

My megasquirt is all wired up, and I'm ready to load a base map and stuff-- but megatune won't talk to the MS.

As far as I know I have things right on the laptop, COM1, good serial cable, etc. Hook it up, go into Communication settings in Megatune, select COM1, default baud, hit test.... nothing.

Also, I am assuming that the MS needs power if you want to talk to it. So I turn the key to ON, I hear the fuel pump run, relays click, Injector light flashes ONCE on the MS-- but no communication.

I'm going to check my laptop at work tomorrow. See if I can use the laptop's serial port to communicate with some Cisco network equipment (I know how to talk to a cisco router over serial, so if that doesn't work then I know something is up with my laptop).

Any tips? Know of a guide or FAQ I missed that has information I need? This part is supposed to be magical and 'just work'. Of course it never works out that way.