HybridZ

HELP! I need 240z stub axels...

Congratulations on completing Backyard Mechanics 101. Look at the bright side......you won't do that again. With a little heat the bearing and alotta cold on the stub axle, the bearing would have fallen off with just a little tap on the end of the stub axle. Sounds easy but timing is critical.

actually we had a worse time than that, it was stuck in the strut housing.

we let it sit in a parts washer on shimmy for 2 days before trying to remove it, and tryed the air chizzle thing"vibration should knock it out", dident work, tried the arbor press it started mushrooming the threads, added some heat, more mushroom.....arggggg 33 years of rust kicked my azz, but oh well ..whats odd is the other one had a few swift love taps and fell right out....gotta love ohios rust belt, and old cars... i actually had to drill and tap every rear suspension and diff bolt..but the car is very soon to be 100% restored/modified and drift ready

much harder when its stuck in the housing of the strut... parts washer 2 days , air chizel, arbor press, heat, , strut itself was so rusted up the strut pin never came out ...

i have a strut i just need 1 stub axel. the other side came out nice.