HybridZ

6 coils with MS???

HB280ZT

Hi All,

Well I just came across something interesting for my other car.

1996 Impala SS

It runs an optical like the 82 and 83 280ZX distributor and is only running 1 coil. Well the product converts from a single coil to individual coils.

http://www.bailey-eng.com/LTCC.html

Bob Bailey says that he can do it for any car but not for just one unit. So if anyone is interesting in talking with him more about the unit feel free.

If I get my MS working I may look into this more in the future because it sound very interesting and would be pretty cool.

But I need to get my Z working first then I can do this mod to my SS.

Hope this helps someone out.

HB280ZT

i have 8 connectors and cop units from a 2003 ford 4.6 truck engine.maybe ms v3 will run these.will need some kind of cylinder id for #1 though.like a hall sensor on the cam or in a distributor.sss510 made a #1 cylinder sensor from a 81zxt dizzy and a cam position sensor from a 2005 v6 mustang.the l28 would look better without plug wires over the valve cover.

• Administrators

Not sure what it would take for MS to run C.O.P., but WOLF EMS does. Good friend Ron Tyler, of Prime EMS, is currently setting up this custom built L-28 that we built a custom P-79 for, utilizing Wolf 3D controlling 6 GM LS-X coils.

FWIW, my personal L-28 race powered 240-Z car running flat tops with one of our custom MN-47 heads will be running MSnS-E sparking EDIS, (wasted spark Distributor-less ign).

Our MSnS-E project can be seen at these two locations…

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=103781

http://www.msefi.com/viewtopic.php?t=15436

Coils1Medium.jpg

• Administrators

Pete,

Nope, haven’t heard of him. Is he a Wolf dealer/tuner? If so, Ron T. may know of him. I’m not savvy to the Wolf system other than it seems like a very powerful system and quite stable, (void of the “programming” issues, if you know what I mean), and there is a good chance I will be running it in the future on one of my cars whether it by the race car or the V-8 Z.

Paul,

Joe used to be the Wolf dealer for North America. I'm not sure who is now.

The Wolf 3D is a nice unit. I've been running one inmy turbo car for about 6 years now without problems.

Moby, I think you are correct, the latest firmware does support COP.

Pete