HybridZ

Best man speech

CruxGNZ

here's my "sure fire toast for the best man":

Remember the the key here is to "be sincere' date=' be brief, be seated".

the whole this should take maybe 2 minutes[/quote']

yes.

if you make a short toast (and that's what this is, a toast) and you sounds like an idiot, no one will remember. if you make a short toast and people laugh or cry, they might remember for the rest of the wedding reception. if you make a long toast, no matter how much they laugh or cry, everyone will wish you would just shut up and sit down.

I've done a few speeches, and dreaded every one. I feel for you so my advice is keep it simple. Tell your favorite funny story about your buddy, pay a compliment to the bride, and finish with a toast. Above all be prepared, but don't over do it by memorizing a speech word for word. It will usually come off sounding canned unless you're an accomplished speaker. You can't go wrong speaking what's in your heart. Just thinking of that funny story will help you relax a lot, and your feelings will be contageous and everyone will enjoy it. Before you know it, it will be over and you'll have done your buddy proud and wonder why you were stressing over it.

This guy's got it right.

Well, it's a bit of a long story, but I didn't give a speech at all. Somebody decided that I wasn't going to be a best man, but forgot to tell me. Don't want to to get into it, still kind of hurts.

On the bright side of things, One Lap of America was going on and there was some serious machines up in Kohler, WI. Saw a dark green colored Ultima GTR pulling a trailer that was skinny and about twice as high as the car, which was kind of goofy lookin'. Many 'Vettes and Porsche's. What was really cool seeing was not one, not two but SIX brand new BMW M6's! Most of the license plates were from New Jersey. Parked next to those was a Porsche GT3 and a 911 turbo. Some of the Suburu STi's were pretty cool to see all decked out. So many cool machines running around.

I actually wanted to see the V-8 powered 280Z that was entered in the One Lap of America (see here ), but on my way to Road America, he passed me going the opposite direction. But as he passed me, I leaned way out the window with my thumbs up. I'm pretty sure he saw me. :mrgreen:

I thought this was funny. I had my directions laying on top of my 'going out of town bag' and while I was in the crapper, my sister took it upon herself to give me her own directions.

3411_p108972.jpeg