HybridZ

Guy's I need some help

Guest OldschoolZ

Guest OldschoolZ

I have a 260Z with a 280Z motor, a t5 tranny, and an r200 LSD. My problem is that the tranny mount isn't in the stock position. has anyone done this swap or know how to fix this problem? I have been thinking about moding the mount, but cant figure anything out.

I thought the T-5 fit the stock trans mount in the later chassis? I had to cut adn reweld mine to fit the T-5 in the early (first series) chassis, I basically mioved the center portion of the crossmember back by about an inch

This is how I did my T5 in a '77:

Used the crossmember from a 280ZX,which has a rearward offset. Then got a front diff mount and slotted the mounting holes so that it bolted to the T5. Mounted the T5 to the ZX crossmember with the Diff mount turned backwards in place of the tranny mount. Fits perfectly.

You then have to shorten the ZXt driveshaft 3/4" or so and change the diff's companion flange to a ZXT mating piece.

The front of the center console was trimmed to give clearance for the foreward position of the T5's 1st,3rd, and 5th gears.

The shift lever boots (inner and outer) were redone to fit.

Aftermarket Mustang shifters improve shift quality and help to get the shift knob back to a better place.

Royal Purple Synchromax gear lube really improves shift feel.