HybridZ

Rear stub axles R&R

Drat - I've pulled the rear driveshafts and expected to find a nut that I'd have to remove to pull th estub. Nope!

Now, I'm pretty sure this sucker is an R180 and I see no way of pulling that stub axle out. I thought from reading my book that there might be a nut there. Do I have to remove something inside? Or is this a simple slide hammer type setup? Help! My 3 (!) books are no help with this and in fact all seem to have the same drawings and pics?! Clymer, Haynes, and the factory manual. I think this is slide hammer work but I'd like to be sure - especially since I'll have to rig one...

Heh, crowbar I've got smile.gif What's interesting is that this "R180" looks damned close to what my R200 looks like. The "R200" moustache bar i've got is exactly the same as what's coming out of my car. It's a '72 so perhaps I didn't need the bar, I wasn't sure so I bought it anyway.

I'll try to pop those stubs out here in a little bit - cross your fingers! If I can get the brake lines off I can start my coil over stuff too...

Update! They popped right out with a little grunting - THANK YOU! Broke my brake lines free too after buying a set of metric flare wrenches (ouch!). Moving along now...

[This message has been edited by BLKMGK (edited December 24, 2000).]