HybridZ

Throwout bearing for Rb25DET?

Rumnhammer

Hi all, I tryed the search and came up empty so I'll throw this question out there. I know that the clutch for the Rb25DET is the same as the 240mm N/A 300zx, but what throwout bearing is used? same one as the N/A 300zx, turbo? anybody know?

Chris Rummel

yeah' date=' sure did I'll just tell my friend to get the ACT kit for the N/A Z32 if it comes with the throwout bearing....

Thanks for the help.

Chris Rummel

:mrgreen:[/quote']

Whatever you do bro, make sure that the throwout bearing has enough clearance to reach the pressure plate (get the right clutch collar and bearing). Also compare the two pressure plates and check if the contact face (where the bearing hits the pressure plate) for the Z32 N/A is shorter or not, for some reason, I got my Z32 N/A clutch kit from ACT and my release bearing was short and I had to put on a spacer.

For some reason my whole setup didn't work and that's why I had to put the spacer in to make sure the bearing reached the pressure plate (also cost me $200 bucks in labor from a friend's shop to drop the trans down to find the problem).

Also, the OEM style T/O bearings are better than the aftermarket ones that ACT provides in the kit. If I had to do it over (on my next clutch job) I would definately throw out the ACT T/O bearing that came with the kit and get the Nissan one, I can provide a part number if you need it.

-Q