HybridZ

Here goes nothing...

Alright, i'm almost at the point of no return... I managed to pick up a rebuilt (30k or so) 327 from a '66 caprice with a turbo 350 tranny and a good long chevy driveshaft. Any other parts i might need? (major things) These are all to go into a 1981 280ZX non-turbo. I spun the crank pulley and ate up the crank, so this is better than rebuilding the L28. I know i will need a radiator and electric fan, but what is the best way to convert the other accessories, mostly the power steering pump and the AC compressor. Any advise would be greatly appreciated!

Guest Anonymous

Dunno what state you are in, but many states' emissions laws forbid engine swaps where the engine is from an older year/model of car than the one it's going into.

Better check that before you go spending all of your money. smile.gif

Yeah, i have thought about that. I haven't really checked into local laws, but i was under the impression that as long as it will pass the emmissions standard for the county, i was okay. If anyone knows anything about how this works in texas, feedback is appreciated...