HybridZ

280Z parts on 240Z?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

ok, i came across a pretty good deal on a 240Z close to where i live. i'm thinking about picking it up, but will the suspension components on my 78 280 fit on to the 73 240 without modification? if the springs/shocks/struts won't fit, will they only fit on 280Zs? thanx

Guest Anonymous

The strut mounts are different heights and the stock dimension springs are different lengths. If you swap struts, springs, and mounts as a unit I believe you will be OK. but swapping just the springs or just the mounts or something will make large changes in ride height I believe.

------------------

Morgan

http://z31.com/~morgan/s30

http://carfiche.com

You can use 240 (25 spline) or 280 (27 spline) stub axles (and the corresponding companion flange) in either hub, but you have to use the internal spacer specific for the hub you are using. The 240 hubs almost always use the B spacer. I don't know the spacer used for the 280 hub, but it should come with what you've purchased.

The 280 stub axles are stronger and have better flange to axle welds (the most common failure point). And, they are still available brand new from Nissan. Unfortunately, the companion flanges are NLA.

------------------

John Coffey

johnc@betamotorsports.com

Guest Fast Frog

As these fine dudes have said, there are some differences tween 240 and 280 thru out the exterior and interior of each respective model of car. However, except in a few rare instances, 75 thru 78 Z parts are interchangable.