HybridZ

One for the sticky.... E12-80 wired in.

Mack

well, I found out what was causing my problems. The VB921 must have gone south at some point and then finally crapped out last night and wouldnt even fire the coil.

In a fit of rage and desparation, I combed through all the install stuff regarding the GM HEI 4 pin installation. I had a few stock nissan E12-80's laying around and I thought Id give it a whirl.

Basically, I kept the stock plug and wiring on top, then I connected pin30 (FIDLE) to where the red wire goes off of the VR under the cap and I connected a wire to ground where the green wire coming off the VR goes under the cap. I have it mounted on the intake manifold for now, because I am running a turbo dist. But, I drove it about 15 miles so far and no hiccups. runs smooth as silk. just an FYI. this should allow people with stock set-ups completely stock FI set-ups to gain ignition control without ANY problems. as long as they have an E12-80. and oh yeah, the tach still works.

fixed duty and a 75% duty cycle. thats probably what did it, eh?

what should I be running for the nissan E12-80?

this is still a learning experience for me, not TOO costly yet, lol

just found out some info....

For the E12-80, duty cycle has to be set for 75%, or it will not work. I tried it on "minimum for HEI" and it sputtered from 2000 to 3000rpm. then, I set it on 50% and it ran o.k., but felt like it lacked power and had a LOT of advance at idle. I put a timing light on it and it had 30 degrees at idle and timing would retard to 10 degrees at full advance!!!!

so, I set it to 75% and now, I have my 10 degrees at idle and a full 35 degrees where its supposed to be. I've probably put about 100 miles on it at 75% and no signs of burning out. Its operating just as it should.

now, even for NA guys, fuel and spark should be no problem.