HybridZ

Any locals in VA, want or know someone who might want to buy a used '06 Civic?

Guest bastaad525

Guest bastaad525

Sorry mods if this isn't appropriate to post here. I checked the buy sell but there isn't a section for anything other than Z cars. And anyways this is just a feeler since we're not 100% sure we'll be able to do this anyways but I at least want to get an idea what I might be able to get for it.

Here's the deal, I bought my wife an '06 Honda Civic LX, back in Feb. of this year (my vallentines/b-day present to her). Since then she's driven it approx 6600 miles, a lot of miles because we drove the car from California to VA which was about 2800 miles. She loves the car but we originally wanted to get her an Si, problem was that in Cali they were hard to come by and were getting marked up like $3000 or more over sticker so in the end we decided to just get a regular Civic coupe.

Now we're out here in VA and all the dealers around here are selling Si's at or even below sticker. And much as she loves her regular Civic, she still kinda wants something with a little more power.... She loves the look and interior of the Civic, and can just imagine that car but with better power, handling, and braking, and that's what she wants.

So I wanted to see if maybe I could sell her car and then go get the Si as we originally intended to do.

Anyone local who needs a decently fun little daily driver that gets avg 35 mpg's (we got as high as 42 on the cross country all highway drive but average is 34-35)? Maybe your wife/gf/friend/other family member is just about to go car shopping to replace that 8 mpg SUV?

Some details of the car are:

- 2006 Honda Civic LX Coupe (mid trim between base DX and top of the line EX, has everything the EX has except the sunroof and alloy wheels)

- Manual 5 spd trans

- 160 watt cd player/stereo, plays MP3 and WMA CD's, also has an iPod input jack

- 6600 miles as of this writing

- A medium shade of metallic blue Honda calls "Atomic Blue"

- A/C, cruise control, power everything, ABS, 16" steel wheels with factory hubcaps

- $600 dealer protect package, which includes mudflaps, special 'locking' lugnuts, and a rubber trunk tray

- some minor body damage from sucky people not being careful in parking lots, door ding behind driver side door, some scratches, and a couple small rock chips on the nose, interior is pretty much perfect as should be expected, and is a light gray color.

- 140hp and 2600 lb curb weight, 0-60 in like 8 seconds

- Handles nicely, more stiffly sprung than the Civic four door

- Just got an oil change and tire rotation at the dealership today

Sticker price on the car is currently $17,200 not counting the dealer protection package. I'm asking $15,500 and will consider reasonable offers. Great little car that is sporty looking, handles nicely, isn't completely boringly slow (for 'average' people, not hybrid Z drivers), great mileage, and of course should be very reliable and hold it's resell value extremely well.

Anyone who might be interested can email me at bast525@hotmail.com or call my cell at (818) 419-8604.

IF we are going to sell we won't be able to actually sell the car until about a month from now, just so everyone knows. Early July or possibly a week or two sooner, depending when the dealership gets another Si.

Guest bastaad525

Actually there's a HUGE difference in feel. A lot of that may be the gearing, as the SI has a very close ratio 6 speed. But also figure the SI revs nearly 2000 rpm higher, is .2 liters bigger, DOHC vs SOHC, has FAR better suspension and brakes... we'd be talking a LOT of bolt ons dude... far more than it would just cost to buy the Si :D

And it's almost 60hp difference by the way, though the peak torque only differs by 10 ftlbs, the Si carries it's torque much much higher into the powerband.

A guy I work with just picked up his 06' SI yesterday. He had it at work today but I didint go look at it because I absolutly HATE hondas. I just dont give them any respect as far as a "sports car" / "fast car". I think they make good grocery getters. However.....He was telling me that the power is much smoother than the older VTEC's and the the power assisted steering seems to stiffen up as the speed gets higher. I just said "oh" and didnt ask anything else. I just wanted to say "yeah I'll take TQ from 1000RPM's to 6000RPM's, I dont need VTEC" but I just left that one alone.

Guy

• 3 weeks later...
Guest bastaad525

*shrug* different strokes for different folks, I guess.

Me, I love them all...

I'll take a big fat torquey V8...

Or a turbocharged engine that bogs at first than kicks in the power all at once...

Or a high revving engine that makes it's power steady and constant high into the rev range and makes you feel like your driving a sport bike or F1 car when it winds that high.

I love them all. And I definately would not consider the Si a 'sports car'. But it is quick, and it handles and stops fantastically, and you know the aftermarket for them is going to be huge so lack of power is only an issue for people who are warranty conscious :D

Too many of you guys seem kinda closed minded when it comes to what makes a car fast or fun. Me I'll take my speed any way I can get it. I have no loyalty to domestic or import or big V8 or small 4 cyl or turbo or not.