HybridZ

Arizona Zcar brake kits

Guest Brian 75 280

i dont know much about their kits other than the pics in their catalog.

Pete has a old setup on his Z ask him about them.

when you get into race brakes all are basically the same. the differences are in the caliper (cast or billet aluminum) and the rotor quality and thickness

------------------

Mike

mike@fonebooth.com

http://www.fonebooth.com/brakes.html

raceparts and brake upgrades.

Guest Brian 75 280

I want to buy a set of brakes for my 75 and I was considering the kits offered by Arizona Z. I will be autocrossing this car and will have occasional track time at places like Sears Point and Laguna Seca. This will still be my daily driver so I dont need a set of Brembo's or anything like that.

any info greatly appreciated

Brian 75 280

I can't speak to their brakes but I CAN speak to their customer service. Last I spoke to ArizonaZ they were pretty rude and unless I ordered a grand worth of parts (fiberglass) my order wasn't worth their time. The reception I got was rude to say the least. Needless to say I took my business elsewhere. Something to consider when shopping for parts....

I got my AZ Z car brakes used. Jim Biondo used them for several thousand miles and a number of road track days and was pleased.

I've only tested them from a 25 mph speed wink.gif.

(Just got the car running, but not really driveable yet.)

The stuff is light!

The fronts involve Wilwood Dyanlite calipers (4 piston), a caliper spacer (about 1/2" bar stock with two holes), a custom rotor center to bolt to the Z hub, and a standard 11.5" Wilwood straight vane vented disc.

The rear is the old design, Wilwood caliper (light!), off the shelf rotor hat, and cross drilled, non-vented disc. Custom flat (but hogged out) bracket. No parking brake. I made up parking/emergency brakes with custom brackets and mechanical spot calipers from Wilwood.

------------------

Pete Paraska - 73 540Z - Marathon Z Project

pparaska@home.com

Pete's V8 Datsun 240Z Pages

I also have the AZ ZCar brakes. They work very well, and I've never faded them.

They are not for the faint of heart, though. Installation requires the elimination of the stock proportioning valve, and installing an adjustable one in it's place. I routed mine inside, to make adjustments easier. Also, as Pete alluded to, they come with no provision for an e-brake. Mine came with a manual line-lock device, which could be used to keep the car from rolling when parked, but this would do you no good in the event of a hydraulic failure.

Pete - I've been meaning to ask you about your modification to the rears to add the spot caliper as an e-brake. Do you have any pictures? I'm really interested in this, as I'm getting tired of not having one, and the line-lock can't be trusted for more than an hour or two at a time.