HybridZ

Where to start looking

Guest JasonDTM

Guest JasonDTM

Greetings,

It wasnt until recently, my dreams were smashed of getting the perfect 1972 911 tub.. I'm a big ol Nissan fan (Love the 510's and the Z cars) and I'm wondering where to start in terms of my dream.. I'm very skilled in auto mechanics (Helped my dad build a 1974 Porsche 914-6GT clone) and have been looking around for what I hope is the right 240/280z to come my way.

My longterm goals for the car is DD and Track-Rat.

The things I have planned.

Gut interior, Half Cage, camber plates and the works. Replace rubber suspension bushings with Polyurethane parts.. Coilover suspension. and bigger brakes.

Wheels I'm thinking 17x9fr and 17x10r (Assuming there are ways to flare out the arches and decent splitters and what not... Thinking 70's SCCA looks and whatnot)

Motor planning RB26DETT (Stock mostly, I hear you can get decent motors with the workings to put in the Z fairly cheap. I consider in terms of reliabilty as good as my favorite Porsche flat six, assuming maintained properly)

If you guys can chime in and give some Z expertise I'd really like it, and please dont try and talk me out of the RB26DETT as I'm memorized by it. ;)

I'm not an average teen, responsible in most aspects, had an 87 Porsche 944S that I've tracked on occasion and had alot of fun. Also kept me speeding on the street as I know there are safer ways to speed.

Guest JasonDTM

Both to be honest with you. I've been doing alot of research after reading the forum a bit, found where I can get the desirable trick suspension componets and whatnot, I have a general idea on where to find the motor and wheels. Sorry if this is the wrong part, there is no Generalized Z forum that this would be more appriopriate in that I could find.

Best Regards,,

Jason