HybridZ

Squatting problem...

Here's my setup...

1981 280ZX 2-seater

355 SBC with Street Avenger 670

Vortec Heads with 2.02/1.60 valves and runner angles smoothed out a bit.

T5 tranny

Stock diff

Stock suspension

Stock wheels

I don't know much about suspension, but I'm definitely on a budget. I tried searching to no avail, but I am looking at buying a set of Tokico twin tube struts and getting the suspension techniques 1" lowering springs later when I can afford them. I'm not worried about lowering the car, and if the stock springs will work fine, I'm just gonna pass on the aftermarket ones, since I have plenty more to spend my money on.

Opinions on the Tokico Twin Tube struts for the 280ZX that squats like a beast on any sort of acceleration?

Opinions on what I should do with the spring situation?

Thanks.

I have pictures at http://www.tcannon.net/pictures.htm

Ignore the wiring mess. That was done by the previous owner and will be taken care of as I have time.

Whats the primary use of the car? I installed a set of air bags on my 280zxt in the rear I kept all stock suspension (new struts and springs but stock ride height) and then cut out part of the floor where the storage compartments. There is a hole in the control arm that goes all the way through. I installed an air bag from a Peterbuilt/kenworth sleeper on each side and built a box out of plate for the top of the bag to mount to. For a car that is going to be driven on the street a lot, I suggest running very little air in the bags, or adding a tank for each bag to help keep the spring rate of the air bags in check. I don't have any pics tho...so I hope you can somewhat visualize what I'm talking about. This is the only pic I've taken when I was discussing the idea originally in a different thread.

DSCN1583_Medium_.JPG

I run mine mostly 1/4 mile and keep the bags at about 50psi on the track but run about 15-20psi on the street.