HybridZ

SR20DET Boost leak????

OK, here is the story.

My car ran fine with the T25 stock turbo.

I switched to GT2871R, 740's, Z32. I have all normal mods except cams. The tune is an Enthalpy ROM tune.

I had a cheapo mbc and an ebay Freddy type S (Fake Greddy) BOV. My boost would go to about 10 psi, drop back to 8 psi, hold there for a couple of seconds then spool as a function of RPM, only hitting 17psi at close to 7000 rpm.

I removed the cheapo mbc and there was no effect.

I replaced the ebay Freddy type S with another ebay Freddy type S. Then my car boosted to 7 psi, stalled there for a couple of seconds then spooled as a function of boost.

I figured that I have a boost leak.

I replaced the Freddy type S with a real HKS SSQV. When I put in the SSQV, I had to change some of the intercooler piping. And, YES, the SSQV is recirculated.

Now, my car boost to 5 psi, stalls there then spools as a function of boost.

I think I must have a boost leak. Does anyone have any other suggestions or do you think it is a boost leak?

make sure all the clamps on the intercooler piping are tight.

then double check to see its not the wastegate itself on the gt2871r that isnt functioning correctly. put a air line into the wastegate vacuum port and see if it does open and close freely.