HybridZ

Spring Rate

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Whats a good spring rate and length for coil-overs?? i have a stock 260Z... i'd use it for a daily driver, but i want a really aggsive suspention setup...

THanks

Guest dankinzle

Well, I have V8 and I used 175# for my coilovers. If the roads you drive on are generally smooth and you don't use your car for long distance or anything you could probably deal with a higher rate. Me personally, 175 is enough!

Long,

I have been thinking what the best spring rate would be for a mostly street driven Z and I think you have answered my question. From your website it looks like your car is at the stock height, yes? Have you changed this? I'm wondering that if you have lowered the car more, are you scraping over any bumps in the road or ever bottoming out? I want the best of both worlds--handling as well as reasonable ride comfort.

Thanks, man.

David

Guest dankinzle

Davy,

Actually I think my car sits a little lower than stock in the pictures on the website. Since then, I have lowered the front about half an inch more just for fun, but now that it's lower, I'm keeping it because I haven't had any problems with bottoming out at all--just the monster speedbumps, and I just go a little slower over those to prevent the scrape. If your exhaust runs up really close to the body you prob won't have any probs, mine sits a little bit lower than it could be.

------------------

Long

'75 Just JTR mounted. http://www.geocities.com/mandryd/v8z/