HybridZ

200sx turbo R200

horishima

Hey guys the person with a diff is telling me its an lsd because he was turning the axles and they turn the same way. How can I make sure its a 4:11 and with an LSD what should I look for.

first off, its "4.11:1", secondly, if you pull of the cover, there will be a marking... like 39/11(3.5454:1) or 39/10(3.9:1)... not sure which it is for 4.11:1, but if you devide the top number by the bottom number you get the ratio. This will be printed on the Big gear that will be poking out, just turn to find it.

or you can turn the input shaft and count how much the output shafts turn, but this will not be a very good way of getting exact ratios... ex. you have 3.54, 3.7, 3.9 and 4.11 to choose from (common ratios)

the ratio on a 4.11 should be 37:9.

as far as LSD, i wouldnt trust the "jack the car up and spin the wheel method". someone once explained to me that worn spider gears could cause an open diff to behave like an LSD. I cant remember how, but it does. best to get pics of the clutch packs.

s12 silvia rs-x came with a fj20et with 210 hp and a r200 with lsd and cv axels, it also bolts into the 240-280z with a 280z mustache bar. and the cv axels are the exact same part as the 280zxt cv axels.. my diff came from okinawa japan from a friends car, it was a rs-x, those cars are wicked fast. with bolt ons you can get a 300hp s12...thats also indistructable.... so i belive the rs-x was avalble from 86-88...

they had a 2 way clutch type diff in them, and were 4.11 gear. i have the diff he brought back from japan, and it now has a newer nismo gtlsd in it ..