HybridZ

Cheap Ebay intercoolers

I'm trying to get all my parts together to build my IC setup but I'm a little confused. I look on ebay and there are pages and pages of these cheap intercooler setups like this one http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TURBO-FMIC-LARGE-28-INTERCOOLER-GREDDY-BOV-FLANGE-PIPE_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33742QQitemZ8073002291QQrdZ1

so I'm wondering how do I find a decent one. Would someone pick these apart for me. I've been looking around for a NPR in decent shape to no avail and it seems a little overboard to spend all the money HKS or spearco want for their intercoolers so where do I look? The ones off ebay are really cheap so I assume they are made in China and are poor quility? Like thew one I linked even comes with a BOV, crap also? I've read some of the post using the seach function but I still don't know where to look. Everyone say bigger is better then they say that quility is better then anything else?

thx

john

i'm pretty sure that IC won't fit in a Z car. I have a 24" IC in my ZX and it BARELY fit. I'm also running a cheap Ebay intercooler, and I've had no problems with it. The quality of the welds looks good, and it's taken everything i've thrown at it.

Well i spent about a week looking at all the cheapos and i think almost all of them are the same cores. Theres the cheap bar and plate and the cheap tube and fin. I wouldnt be swayed by the free bov you really want to look at shipping cost and price as the main factors when choosing. Stay away from the tube and fins tho they look extremly poor. Here the intercooler i ended up getting http://cgi.ebay.com/FMIC-Turbo-Intercooler-29x11x3-for-Mustang-CenterInlet_W0QQitemZ8071891658QQcategoryZ33742QQcmdZViewItem

I payed 139 for it. Its probaly the same core as what you are looking at but i decided i should go with the center intlet and outlet, because it makes better use of the core.