HybridZ

Need small cap distributor for GEN I SBC

Pete, first I hope your back is getting better. Why don't you use an old points dizzy with the Petronix electronic conversion for now until you get what you want. Those old cross ram intakes are so cool looking, I would love to have one. I'm not bashing your T.B.I. idea, but what about having the intake drilled for individual injectors, and maybe using a couple of Holley 600 or 650 cfm carbs with those block-off plates, or just some good gutted throttle bodies. I think the "port" injection would work great with that intake manifold. Ayway, just food for thought. Good Luck!

Pete, first I hope your back is getting better.

Not really - major relapse, something to do with long term problems cropping up. I can barely walk now.

Why don't you use an old points dizzy with the Petronix electronic conversion for now until you get what you want.

Ought to be easier to find and old one - hopefully in good condition, and

do the Pertronix conversion on it.

Those old cross ram intakes are so cool looking, I would love to have one. I'm not bashing your T.B.I. idea, but what about having the intake drilled for individual injectors, and maybe using a couple of Holley 600 or 650 cfm carbs with those block-off plates, or just some good gutted throttle bodies. I think the "port" injection would work great with that intake manifold. Ayway, just food for thought. Good Luck!

That was the original plan, but I wanted to do it stealthily, and 4 injectors would have to be out side the manifold. I still may have to do that if mixture distriibution becomes and issue. I can see I may be running 8 WBO2s to sort this out, but I hope not. Supposedly, GM got the distribution problems figured out and the offenhauser manifold copied them well. I may go ahead and weld 8 bungs in the headers just to see how the variance is.

The other reason for using the TBIs: evaporative cooling as the fuel shears off the throttle plates.

They are shorter than carbs and give the required hood room. I'll proably start out with 2 8" cleaners but want to move to ducting each one to the cowl or radiator support with cone filters.