HybridZ

Something changed my boost.

cygnusx1

OK ever since I took EvilC for a ride in my Z yesterday (stay tuned for videos). The boost curve has been a little off. The boost used to build evenly from about 2600rpm and up. It was a nice linear boost climb that felt linear torquey with the gas pedal motion. It would run about 2600 - 3300 to climb 0 to 15psi.

Now the boost hangs out around 2-5 psi from about 2600 to 4500 rpm and then all of a sudden it hits at about 16psi like a shot gun.

I thought the grainger valve was sticking open, so I took it apart cleaned it and recalibrated it with my compressor. It seems to be OK.

Would a sticky recirculating BOV cause this behavior? I miss my midrange boost and torque ;-( HELP

EDIT: The car idles with good vacuum, no intake or exhaust leaks apparent. All I/C plumbing seems tight. Car runs great otherwise.

BINGO! I had it right...it was a sticky BOV. I took it off the car and opened it up and it was tight. I polished out the bore and the valve with a cloth. Then I added a bit of silicone grease and reassembled it. Now it builds boost, just like it should.

So if you ever notice your boost builds a little slower than usual...now you know.