HybridZ

Fuel Pump Fuse Blown

badjuju

What pump are you using? 10A may be too small. If it is a high performance aftermarket pump, find out what the manufacturer recommends for a fuse and wire.

When you put a heavier load on the engine, the pump needs to make more pressure. As the opressure increases, the current to the pump will increase, so it makes sense that you would blow a fuse under heavier loads if the fuse size was a little small.

I run one of the MSD pumps with my MS setup, and I have a 20A fuse in my relay board. Have not had any problems.

stock pump. i was thinking the same thing, just put a 20a fuse on. unfortunatly, last night i was wiring my fans up and i blew my 30 amp main fuse. over and over. so now i'm wondering what my course of action should be, i noticed a couple completely burned wires so now i've removed my whole harness. i shed a tear.

i still think that starting it over is the best course of action, however now i'm wondering if my ms board still even works.

just for the record sake that is not the same thing. Never Never up a fuse, or keep repacing a slow blow fuse!!! Sensitive computer electonics suffer. soorry but maby iam in a bad mood but if he is willing to continue to replace fuse and kept triing things fry sizzzle!