HybridZ

Yes another window reg question(please help for I start cuttin stuff)

Guest HALLOWEEN Z

Guest HALLOWEEN Z

Well someone before me tried to install a different year regulator on my z door and its always haunted me cause I can never roll it all the way down and now I'm installing power windows so I want it to be as smooth as possible. I ordered a new regulator for the passenger side from victoria british (75-78). One thing on the windows on both sides the rollers slide into slots on the window. With the new one the rollers are already on the grooves and it looks like I would have to drill out the tack welds on the grooves on the window and bolt the new assembly to the window which wouldn't be a problem but it also looks a lot taller than the one that was on there(I don't think it was that far off but could be) I try to compare it to the drivers side and it looks pretty close but its still in the door. I called victoria british and they don't have any techs up there and have no idea about the parts they sell I guess.

Has anyone else tried installing a new window regulator assembly? And was there any modifying involved? Really I think the new one is a much better design and probably will work a lot better and longer than the original. And easier to install because the rollers can't come out