HybridZ

MSA YZ Flare Install Questions....

GTPVETTE

Hey Guys,,,

I just found this forum yesterday and spent the better part of last night reading,,,, it’s a really great site and lots of good info!!! Now I’m not currently a Z car owner,,, but I did have a 300ZX for 90K miles and truly loved it,,, my current project is a GTM kit and it should be a real hot rod when done.

OK,,, for my questions. I’m going to give a buddy a hand installing some new rear flares on his Z race car (MSA YZ I believe) as he has been a real help on my GTM. So,,, I wanted to get your input on the latest and greatest tips on installing. It seems the consensus is using a structural adhesive (Duramix??) with permanent fasteners (if possible) to hang the flares. The questions seem to come in how exactly to blend and finish the join lines. Do we use mat to smooth the join lines and then fill as necessary? I also read RacerX’s post regarding a two part epoxy resin with microspheres instead of the regular type filler. Any thoughts on how to smooth this join line and keep it from cracking????

Also,,, for you guys that have installed these flares,,, I’d like to know how you did them,, tips,, issues and anything else you might pass along.

Many Thanks!!

Fred

Black_GTM_Small_thumb.jpg

Hope I'm not stealing Freds thunder here, but heres the link:

http://www.factoryfive.com/table/ffrkits/GTM/GTMkit.html

P.S. Welcome to the board Fred! Thats a nice project you have there, wanna swap it for an old 240Z? To sweeten the deal I'll even add in an EXTRA 280Z for FREE! :) (You can't have my Cherokee though, gotta draw the line somewhere)

Mike

Thanks guys,,,,,

I guess I need to fess up a bit,,, the GTM in the photo is a factory car,,,,, mine is in pieces at the moment but I'm hopefull.

I've reviewed more posts this AM,,,, but still looking. I will post some pictures after I see the flares and a few progress posts as we move forward.

RacerX sent you a PM,,, thanks for your offer!

Thanks again!!!

Fred