HybridZ

Nitrous and boost.

How does nitrous effect a boosted motor, as opposed to an N/A one?

I've heard nitrous lowers compression and combustion temperatures, which would be beneficial in a turbo motor I thought, but, I beleive nothing I hear in casual conversation until its backed up by poeple I trust.

The reason I ask, is we want flat 12's, high 11's out of the Festiva and nitrous is the easier way to do it. If we want more out of the motor itself we're looking at a new turbo, custom exhuast mani, new DP, larger injectors and other assorted tidbits.

We were thinking a 50 shot on a WOT switch. The bottom end is good on the B6T to 300+hp, and we're looking at maybe (before nitrous) 200 at the crank. We would upgrade the injectors when doing this. We're already running a 255 pump, so we should be good there.

Just curious, thanks.

In my application with the supercharger we use 20% of NOS of a 175hp system which is aroung a 35hp shot as a intercooler effect. When we use NOS on a N/A engine at full potential it increases compression, thus the reason you have to retard the engine at 2 degress for every 50 shot of NOS.

I think with a dry NOS system you can get away with a 100hp shot on fuel injection, the sensor will automatically increase the fuel for you.

Hope this helps.

John

N20 on a boosted motor is almost like 2+2 =5.The 120rwh shot on my NA 3 liter turned into an over 200rwh shot on a boosted motor.The intercooling effect of the nitrous accounts for this.Make sure that you setup a nitrous sytem with the proper safeguards with at least a rpm window switch and a clutch switch in conjunction with your WOT switch. Run good fuel at least 110 oct. as your going to be packing denser fuel/air into your combustion chambers and a CDI ignition wouldn`t hurt either.BTW my car on the bone stock CT26 turbo ran 12.6@106mph with the 200rwh shot it ran 10.96@127mph.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/sss510six/album?.dir=15c7&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos

Also it would help to know what EFI system your running as it would indicate if a wet or a dry system would be eaiser/safer to plumb.