HybridZ

new hemi, anyone?

David K

Has anyone had the chance to drive a new 'hemi' powered car, ie 300C, Charger, etc. I rented a 2006 300C for 2 weeks to drive to Denver, Utah, and back home to LA. I gotta say its one of the quickest cars ive driven. Its pretty bad ***. The whole trip i was thinking how the engine would do in a Z, naturally. Side note, i developed a blood clot in my left leg during this trip that put me in the hospital for 2 weeks :(

Anyway, i posted this just so i could show this auction.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/06-Charger-Hemi-5-7L-Engine-Auto-Trans-8K-Miles_W0QQitemZ300000457213QQihZ020QQcategoryZ33615QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Look at all the accessories that come with it. Shifter, gauges, etc. If i had 6k to spend on a swap.....

My friend has one setting in a chassis for a 32 plymouth in his garage. We are suppose to be getting it up and running with the factory ECU, but haven't had time. I think he paid right around 5K for it out of a truck that was wrecked. I think it is 2005.

I was looking at a Charger but we couldn't get together on price. The torque of the hemi is outstanding!!! Rolling down the interstate at 60, punch it 90-100 comes on FAST!!!

Wound up with an Infiniti G35 sedan with a MT-6, not the awsome power of the Hemi but still a respectable car IMO. I really like the smoothness of the power in the G35, this is an engine I'd like to put in my 240Z coupled with the 6 speed.

dave, sorry kinda off topic but you should jump on this, [url']http://classifieds.hybridz.org/showproduct.php?product=2642&cat=8[/url]

I saw that. Ive noticed some major issues with the car just by looking at the pics. Id rather not attend to the stuff that needs fixing, ive done it before and i never wanna do it again. I cant afford that car, even if i could get the money together, it still needs a ton of work.