HybridZ

Quick Steering Knuckles?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Are the Quick Steering Knuckles from MSA any good? What do they actually do and are they worth it? I plan to do some autocrossing and road racing. Anything to make it easier to move those big meats up front will help. Thanks.

------------------

Chris

Guest Rick Johnson

By design, short arms speed up your steering ratio but they also increase the effort required to turn the wheel.

For me , the shorter arms are a reasonable trade off because I want my car to handle like a Go Kart.

They are the ones that came on 1970 240's until 10/70. They are 10mm shorter, and were changed because the steering on the origionals were very stiff. But for racing/Autocorssing, I would definately put them on. You can get them from MSA, or find a '70 in the yard (yea right) and pull them.

AL

------------------

http://zcar.netdojo.com

My Upcoming Solo Album Site

Also, the toe-in may change once these are put on so don't forget to check the alignment when done. The steering effort will be increased slightly with these, and I found when I went slalom racing, that I needed the extra help with the power assist rack, but that was mostly because of the 10" soft compound slicks, 7 degree caster, and a smaller diameter steering wheel. It was 2.25 turns L-to-L (very twitchy on the road course, and the steering pump belt was removed to fix that).

Guest Anonymous

Thanks for the info guys. I think the steering knuckles would be a good add on but I also think then I might need a pwr steering set up.

------------------

Chris

Guest Anonymous

Chris,

You and I should get together. I am in Rio Rancho. Would enjoy meeting you. You can call me during the day at 893-5510.

Ct..

[This message has been edited by ChrisT (edited February 28, 2001).]