HybridZ

who had the western cyclones on their "z"

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I think it was Dan or Paul, but I cant remember what post it was in. Anyway, that is what is on my car now, I think they are 7"x 14", but not sure yet about the 7" part. How big of a 14" tire can I put on the back of my 74 Z ,with stock suspension and fenderwell ? And what can I get away with on the front as well? I have noticed that a lot of z's have these western wheels on them ,, was that a factory type deal or just a popular wheel back then?

------------------

74 260, early 350,K.B.pistons,edelbrock manifold,carb,and cam,202 cast iron heads.Let the transformation begin.

I had Western Cyclones on my Z. The version with the fins about 1" apart at the outer diameter. They are 14x7". I had only a little bit of rubbing in the rear with 225/60-14s on them. I ground out the lip (still had an 1/8" left - you couldn't tell

without looking under the fender.) and sealed it up.

------------------

Pete Paraska - 73 540Z - Marathon Z Project - pparaska@tidalwave.net">pparaska@tidalwave.net -

Guest Anonymous

Thanks Pete,, I am gonna run these for a while when I get it on the road, channel all the cash in more important areas right now. Did you get ok traction with the 225/60 ? did you run 60 on the front or 70s? Tony

------------------

74 260, early 350,K.B.pistons,edelbrock manifold,carb,and cam,202 cast iron heads.Let the transformation begin.