HybridZ

Anyone ever tried Dashtops?

haukenes

Hey all, new here but i did a quick search of the forum and didn't find much in the way of answers to the question but...

There is a company that makes things called dashtops that are hard plastic molds of the original Z dashboards.

They run about $100ish depending in the model, and i'm skeptical of 'quick fixes' but running on a college budget (man it sucks).

Has anyone had any experience with dashtops? Good/Bad Reviews? here is a link to their website

http://www.dashtops.com

-Dave

Guest l28et

While Im not basing this on any factual numbers, I'd say 85% of S30s out there have either had, have, or NEED one. My S30 came with one. Its pretty hard to find a nice, still soft, original dash that isn't cracked. They blend well, and it looks good. Cheap alternative to $1000+ (if you can find them) dash replacement.

Dave,

You might have better luck searching using the term "dashcap" or "dash cap". It's a really common fix for S30 with a cracked dash. My 280Z came with it when I bought it. There isn't many choice really, either pay a few hundred dollars for a non-cracked dash, or use a dashcap, or buy a fiberglass one without any mounting brackets.

Yeah, thanks again for the help with that, i think i might go with the dashtop ti seems like a good investment, which will if nothing else keep the dash from getting worse. I gotta do some research into getting my '80 280ZX 2+2 back into good condition...

But on the good side of things its only got 107K on the engine, and besides the seals and gaskets runs great! Gasket set just came in, so now its time to pull the head... to bad its my everyday driver too :-(

Hi guys, first post here. I have one of these on my car, the full cover version. I put it on somewhere between 1986 - 1989 so it has been on awhile. It was an all day job as I remember but it still looks new to this day, no cracks and no fading. A good investment if you ask me. Maybe this helps.

While Im not basing this on any factual numbers, I'd say 85% of S30s out there have either had, have, or NEED one. My S30 came with one. Its pretty hard to find a nice, still soft, original dash that isn't cracked. They blend well, and it looks good. Cheap alternative to $1000+ (if you can find them) dash replacement.

What I28et says is true. Most of the S30s are in need of help and the full on dash cover is a good idea for relatively low cost. I installed one on my 260Z according to the instructions and it worked out great. I really don't have any complaints about them. The full cover is very difficult to detect from a new dash--they nearly look the same.

Davy