HybridZ

Is Ego switch point mute with aft table enabled?

Thumper

Yeah I'm running 440cc's on my l28 so they are manageable. Although at idle the lowest I can get them is 1.8msec before they start to flutter. That is usually 12.5:1 so i'm keeping it around 12:1. Boy do I love autotune. My last car I tuned with a lm-1 gauge and just played with ve table for hrs. This time put in my afr's I wanted. Told it to adjust all my ve table except below 1300rpms and then drove for awhile. Changed my boost from 6psi all the way through to 15psi and then presto a perfectly tuned megasquirt. Although I am cleaning up the ve table alittle cause their are some big jumps mostly at high boost. Now I just need to install my tach and put in a 3.5 rear-end and i'm good to go.

cool, my afr target tables would not work during cruise and idle because my injectors are too big so it was bouncing all over. I just turned it off. I have 850cc injectors on the 4G63

What did you have your lumpiness set at? I put my way down so that it would be smoother. Although this way it takes longer to tune it.

What did you have your lumpiness set at? I put my way down so that it would be smoother. Although this way it takes longer to tune it.

My injectors are soooo big (for olderthanme :) )

Any correction at all , even one tick (.1 msec without high resolution code) puts me out to lunch at idle or cruising. So maybe I could get the target AFRs in those areas to match where the car really runs and it wouldn't make an adjustment there. Or the other option is to only adjust above 3500rpm, but that would only work for autotune right, once the target AFR table is turned on I can't select any portion to ignore??

My injectors are soooo big (for olderthanme :) )

Any correction at all ' date=' even one tick (.1 msec without high resolution code) puts me out to lunch at idle or cruising. So maybe I could get the target AFRs in those areas to match where the car really runs and it wouldn't make an adjustment there. Or the other option is to only adjust above 3500rpm, but that would only work for autotune right, once the target AFR table is turned on I can't select any portion to ignore??[/quote']

You can select which portion to ignore as long as its on one end of the rpm or map. Not in the middle of it. Like you can only modify 1k-3krpms, 2k-6k, or 5.5k-5.6k rpms but not all rpms except 2k-3k. But now the more I think about it with 850's on a 4cylinder .1msec is a huge difference. So it will probably be much smoother manually tuning it.

Are you using almost all 100% on your ve table? That way you can fine tune the middle parts more. If you have your constant at 12msec and your max value in your vetable is 70 then you are wasteing 30% of fine tuning. So you would lower your 12msec by 70% which is roughly 8.4 and then your max vetable would be 100% but in the lower rpms you can adjust the percentage easier. That way 1% difference in lower rpms would actually effect the overally full less than 1% would if you had a larger fuel constant. I don't know any better way to explain it.