HybridZ

Turbo Guts into AFM housing

I've searched and found nothing but a dead link, could someone please give me a link to this swap? On an N/A turbo car, the stock AFM won't allow the motor to revv past 4000rpm, so you have to swap the guts. Can someone give me a link or explain the process. It doesn't sound hard, but I don't wanna be the one to do the wrong thing and mess it up.

No clue. I've never read anything on that swap. If you really want to get some performance out of your upgrades either do a z31 MAF conversion or do mega squirt. The turbo AFM and 240SX throttle body swap don't do anything except make the throttle responce snappier. No HP gains.

I just did the swap a few weeks ago. You just have to swap the NA circuit board, connector and temperature sensor to the Turbo housing. You don't pull off the connector like it says. Desolder and then resolder in the turbo housing. If your AFM to TB boot is stiff it probably won't stretch over the housing. You can either buy a 3" 45 degree silicone elbow and alter the mounting of the AFM a little and cut the bungs into it or get a good used pliable boot. I didn't notice any power from the swap and I have a stage 2 cam, port and polish, 60 mm TB. I hope to get more power when I port the intake, that is where the restriction is.

If you do it you might want to get a used NA and turbo AFM so you can have your current one and not trash it. You shoukd be able to get both for under $100 shipped. Make sure the #'s are the same though on the NA AFM housings so it will work correctly.

Sounds good, I actually have both AFMs here, I actually scored the turbo AFM for 15 bucks shipped. I don't plan to have any hp gains with this setup. But I was told, on more then one occasion, that I need this setup on my N/A-t if not it will not revv past 4 grand. I verifyed this too.

It should rev way past 4K. Mine revved fine to 7K in 1st with the stock AFM. Did they mean that the flap on the NA is fully open at 4K and isn't on the turbo AFM? That is a possibility and might meter fuel more accurately to a higher RPM since there would be less pressure on the flap at a given RPM.

Same setup as above. I have a 4.38 LSD rear with a 79 5 speed so it revs really easy. Once I get a lightweight flywheel in there I may need to hook up my rev limiter it will be so quick. You really can't rev past 4k? You might have a bad ignition module or something if that is the case.

trust me when I say I was a bit scepticle about hearing 4K rpm. I heard that if you put a turbo on the N/a motor, you have to make an N/a-turbo afm hybrid, if not it would limit to 4K rpm. I thought it was a bit far fectched too, but I decided to go try it, sure enough, it pretty much sits at 4K with my foot slammed to the floor. It wasn't me who discovered it, so its not my ignition thats crappy, its everyone who turbos an N/a.