HybridZ

MSI MSII v2.2 v3 can someone confirm?

mobythevan

I was on the understanding that if you used a v2.2 board you could only run MSI. But if you use a v3 board you can run MSI or you can add the processor daughtercard and run MSII on the same board. Is that correct?

I am getting ready to order a v3 board for another project and it would be nice if an MSII upgrade path is available without buying a new board in the future.

It's my understanding that you can use MSII or v2.2 or v3 boards. The MS site has installation instructions and notes for MSII with both versions. Most of my confusion when I put together my v3 board, was that the instructions where for installing things that only work with MSII and not MSnS-extra.

The only difference between v3 and v2.2 boards are:

- Build quality (better for the new boards)

- More compact build on v3

- Ability to build in the flyback board and ignition driver on v3

- More organized outputs and proto area on v3

Thats pretty much all I could tell, and if I remember correctly, the MSII daughter card was in developement for the v2.2 originally, or at least that's the impression I was under.

Moby, why do you want to run MSII?

Mario

Moby, why do you want to run MSII?

I am in the area now where I really need high resolution code and all of the extra functions. There is a code like that for MSI, but it isn't widely supported from what I can tell. So I am hoping in near future there will be a code for MSII that supports both. If not I will have to keep dealing with the big injector problem on a couple of my projects.

Moby:

Have you checked out the peak & hold boards that were in the expansion board forum?

I got 4 of them (2 projects), hoping to avoid some of those issues even w/MSI_Extra.

I will HAVE to have MSII because I need to use a GPIO board for controlling a 4L60E, all I'm waiting on is wasted spark from the Extra code.