HybridZ

Working out the Bugs

Guest PEOPLES805

Guest PEOPLES805

Hello all i jsut bought a 76 280z 4spd 95,883 new injectors ,clutch, oil pump , Timing overhaul, really good maintinance record anyhoot, i drove it home yesterday ran strong little hesitation in third gear seems to clear up. what i need to know is 1. can you hear the fuel pump run with the key on and does the Air injector valve or cold start valve interupt the

Fuel pump.... Keep in mind fuel system and ignition tune up is this weekend.... Any pointers are greatly appreciated... also is there a way to

test the control box on the driver side kick panel or there is a extra one in the car is it ok to box swap

The EFI is very basic in these. You can swap ECUs around if you want to so long as they're the same type. The pump comes on when the engine is turned over and when the AFM flap is pulled open by the suction from the throttle body. You won't here it when the key is turned to on. The cold start valve does not interupt the pump, it's a fuel injector for starting so it needs the pump. Z's don't have Air injector valves, but there is the BCDD (Boost Controlled Deceleration Device) which creates a vacuum leak to adjust idle controll when cold and when decelerating.

Clean and re-seat EVERY electrical connector under the hood and at the ignition control box. Use dielectric grease on them. That will prevent or solve a lot of little glitches with these cars.

Have Fun!