HybridZ

Won't start on its own.

I had that problem before I bought a new battery AND installed a different ignition switch. I also had the clicking sound from the passenger side firewall.

You will have to undo the steering wheel clamshell and break open the ignition assembly mounted on the column. It's probably that the contacts are just plain worn out.

thanks guys, but I did an all-round visual inspection. I had been drivin it hard and hit some rough roads and some wires had jiggled loose. Thank god that was the only thing. But my dad just screwed up my ignition switch this morning. Gotta wait 2 more days to drive it again!

First we need to know what year your Z is and if the factory engine, wiring still applies.

Secondly, wee need to know if when you say "Wont Start" do you mean that the engine turns over but the engine never runs on its own or do you mean that when the key switch is turned to "run" that the starter doesnt even turn the engine?

It appears from your post about the starter/solenoid that your have a "No Start" starter issue - if this is the case and your engine is the factory inliner - these starters are easily removed as the two starter bolts are easy to reach. Simply remove the cables, wiring, and the two bolts and take your starter to your nearest AutoZone/O'Reiley's to have the starter checked.

If your starter checks out good then you have an ignition switch relay, ignition switch, or wiring issues somewhere in between the switch & relays.

Each scenario will require a different approach.

You need a factory service manual as the factory Z manuals have a complete wiring schematic in the back of the books. If you cant obtain one of these hard to find books you can buy a CD-Rom manual from a Nissan parts store.

Different year Z's had different switches and different locations for the switches.

Please give us more details that is specific to your "Wont Start" problem.

Kevin,

Yea,Still an Inliner,