HybridZ

Crank angle sensor on z31

Guest alex86a2t

Guest alex86a2t

Ok i am a little confused on how to hook up the crank angle sensor. So it has 4 wires, I suspect 2 of the wires give the signal every degree of rotation, and the other 2 wires give a signal every 60 degrees (each cylinder TDC). At least this what it looked like when i cracked the thing open.

I am using a MS2 v3 board, with the relay board for easier and cleaner wiring. but i still can't find out where and how to hook up the CAS to the relay board.

Thanks for the help, i am new to this board.

Alex

Ok i am a little confused on how to hook up the crank angle sensor. So it has 4 wires' date=' I suspect 2 of the wires give the signal every degree of rotation, and the other 2 wires give a signal every 60 degrees (each cylinder TDC). At least this what it looked like when i cracked the thing open.

I am using a MS2 v3 board, with the relay board for easier and cleaner wiring. but i still can't find out where and how to hook up the CAS to the relay board.

Thanks for the help, i am new to this board.

Alex[/quote']

Your thought on how the sensor works is close but not quite. 2 wires are for power/ground and other 2 are the out put leads (one it 1* and I believe the other is 180*). With MSnS you only use one of the outputs.