HybridZ

Rear disc bracket thickness?

Guys,

I am working on my rear disc brakes conversion. I am making my own brackets from aluminum. I have 1/2" thick aluminum that I want to use to make the brackets. Is 1/2" aluminum thick enough to make the rear brake brackets? I have the flat brakets from 85-88 Maxima to use too but I want to make them out of aluminum to save weight and look good. Thanks for the input

vinh

hehe.. Thanks for the offer. I still have I think 375 bucks credit with MM. I sent my money to him like 5 or 6 years ago for the CV adaptors and the rear disc brackets. Back then I thought I need the parts so I send him the money. But I wasn't working on my car back then so I told him to hold on to the money. Now I made my own CV adaptors and now I am making my own brake brackets. I emailed him 3 days ago and have not heard from him. I talked to a few hybridz members and they said 1/2" aluminum is thick enough especially I will use all 4 mounting bolts instead just 3. Thanks for the offer and replies.

Vinh

PS. How thich are they?