HybridZ

finally made it to the track

mobythevan

After many years I finally made it to the track. I only have the Talon running right now so I took it. I went July 21st and had my friend drive the car, he turned in a best time of 15.58 with 2.6 60 foot times, horrible launches, but we didn't expect much first time out.

Went back last Friday night and I drove the car after fixing a few things. I still wasn't able to launch and only got a 60 foot of 2.3 and ran 14.81 at 97mph(running next to my little brother, that was cool because it was his first time at the track). I had my wife riding with me on that run(so that was only like 110 extra pounds :mrgreen: ). I am getting better at launching the car so we'll see next time. The car is still completely stock trim, with AC, etc. I did pull out the spare tire since that was easy. I felt bad for this other guy because I am running 16psi and he had a talon just like mine with completely stripped out interior, running race gas and 20psi and he has only turned a best of 14.1?? Bad tuning/driving I guess. I believe with a little practice and a new clutch I can pull low 14's at the same psi. The higher altitude also seemed to kill a lot of cars.

It was the most fun I have had in years to actually get out and run the car. This was down in Pueblo at PMI.

Congrats on the first time. Are all talon tsi's 4wd or just some like eclipses? If you can get a good enough clutch you should be able to get the 60fts much lower. Sub 2.0's if you have 4wd. With 97mph you should be at low 14's. My local track doesn't let me have a passenger ride with me. Even when I was running 15's.:rolleyesg Good luck