HybridZ

ROLL CAGE pics.

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I also posted some pics. of my custom roll cage. My interior really took a beating. Any idea where I can get a new console, rear panels, carpeting for rear strut towers etc....I hope repairing my interior is going to be cheaper than the roll cage.... frown.gif

www.gotumph.com

use the search engine and type in - Hoover's

The cage looks great... What size tube did you use and do you have some pix of how they did the attaching points??? I really like how they did the sides and the hoop, really tight fit. If you painted it black it would really blend in and look sharp. You probibly wouldn't even notice it from the outside. Now your car is no sleeper but this gives ideas to the rest of us...

Thanks

------------------

Remember it is only a piece of metal.

Guest Anonymous

Give me a couple of days and I'll get you some pics. of the connecting points. There just like bolt in cages, except mine were welded into the floor pan.

The cage was designed for a street car and to be as "out" of my way as possible.

man those flares are out the frame hoover!!

when are you gonna be in the sfcity next???

im dying to see that car in person, and for you to lay down some turbo rubber for me one time!!! hey do you have wangan midnite video copies, um uh, ... buddy??

Guest Anonymous

Head on over to Japan Town and rent the videos. They've got all of them.

There are a bunch of guys that I met at the Stanford Car show that live in SF. One or two of the guys know you (Pete, Yee and John). Yee went with me to the photo shoot for my car. When I get my Red Z back, I'll shoot you an email and we can all hook up in SF.

Guest Anonymous

Hey 327,

Do you own a Red Z and bought it not too long ago.

If so, I saw your Z when the old owner had it. I was driving to the Sunset District one day and saw this Red Z car with nice rims stuck at a gas station.

I pulled up and the guys couldn't get it started. I stayed there with him for 45 minutes trying to get the starter to catch. Unfortunately, his car wasn't running well.

Is it the same one? I can't remember the guys name, but I know he has two kids.

i dont know if it was my z? geez hope not, i havenet had a starting problem like that ever. was he an asian male with a shaved head and a goatee named kevin, kinda tallish??? if so , maybe so. japan town gots my stuff man? im at that and thanx,

hey we can always make a deal for the canada move, warning, youre gonna need to motivate me a little bit for this one man! sorry i missed out on the show , lets hook up in frisco, ive only talked to john over the net and pete and yee im not sure of.

hey do you know warren??? hes a car restorer out here in the sunset who charges pretty reasonable rates.....

Guest Anonymous

Hey 327,

I think your was the same car I saw at the gas station. He had it for sale on Yahoo for about 7000.00. I think his name is Kevin and you description is fairly accurate.

I'll know the car if I see it for sure.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do about Canada. I've got two volunteers that want to go with me so far.

You going to Motorsport next week?

Who's Warren? What kind of work does he do? Maybe he can work on my Z?

7k? with the holey floor pans, nah i got this car for under 3k and have had to put about the same back into the car parts and nicknacs. its red with the six spoke 280z rims, soon to be some nice enkeis though.

warren is my ace in the hole, he restores cars and will do custom modifications, hes put grand national sixes in el caminos, big block where a small block sits, small block where the l20b used to sit, sbc where the l28 used to sit, think you know what im saying.

i dont have a garage or time these days, school and work is killing me right about now!!! but i love every moment of it!!

heck yes hell work on your z's, hes done a couple v8 swaps, lots of suspension work , and hes constantly amazing me with his restos, hes working on this drop 67 maro right now, awesome.... up the street from his place youll see some really rare old schools, like the 71 drop malibu, a drop skylark with the gsx package, more and more, right now hes making an SS wagon!!!!! ill put those photos up, thing already looks cooL

anyways ill put you in contact with him, hes just about the only guy i know that will even look at my car in the bay area without charging me out the frame...hes good...