HybridZ

fan clearance?

260zjade

im lookin to finally put some electricity into my fan setup...does anyone know about how much clearance i would have if i took out my clutch fan to replace it with an electric fan?...i think i wanna put in a 14" fan, but i dont know what width i can allow in such a confined space...does anyone with a 260z have some fan sizes i can use?

Better yet, would this one work?

14" Fan

I have an electric fan on my 260. Looks like a 14"er. It came on the car when I bought it. It is definitely nice to have sitting in traffic and not overheating. I have a 3 row radiator and with this fan and it won't overheat sitting in traffic, black car, mild performance motor... I'm happy with it.

Most of the single unit electric fans I've seen installed on early Z's, including mine, are offset to the drivers side (left) so the fan motor will clear the water pump pulley assembly. Clearance is roughly 3/4" to 1". This applies for an engine side of the radiator installation. As long as you have at least 1/2" clearance, you should be in good shape.