HybridZ

Anybody else get stuff out of the trash?!

280zwitha383

Dude, don't be ashamed, dumpster diving is awesome! I don't do it for food or anything, but some of the cool stuff i've gotten before are:

-Working overhead projector (Sold it on Ebay for 30 bucks after having fun with it for a week...)

-Working Antique Carousel Gumball Machine (No clue why they threw it away. I turned it into a really cool lamp, but can convert it back to gumball machine whenever I want.)

-Chairs

-Desk (since replaced)

-Lamps (some lighting store clearing their inventory...)

-Wood (I can always use extra wood for projects)

-TWENTY Giant Aluminum server racks (Think of all the stuff I can do with them! heh)

-Probably like 2 miles of ethernet cable, all at once. (One of my best finds...There were pre-tipped cables and boxes of uncut, untipped cable.)

-Lots of other cool stuff

I recommend doing it, especially if you know there is probably something good in there.

Dumpster diving.......had to laugh because I used to do it! Well it wasn't a dumpster but the rem pile at the base general machine shop. When I was prototyping a new...can't tell ya or I gotta kill ya, do-hicky for a project I would stop by the general machine and scroung what ever was applicable.....and it saved the tax payers a bit of $$$ too. They tossed out some pretty nice pieces of material.