HybridZ

Rough Idle

I have a sbc 350 woith a few bolt-ons that include an edelbrock 750 carb, dual plane intake, 1.6 comp cam rockers, and long tube headers, everything else is stock..

The problem I'm having is that I get a rough idle and studdering on accelerration. I already tune the carb, & played with the timing.

Can anybody help??? Please... Thanks....

Two possible causes:

Vacumn leak. Make sure all ports, openings, etc on the carb and manifold are plugged. Then use a can of starting fluid or carb cleaner to spray around the manifold with the motor running. If the idle picks up you have found the leak, correct it.

Valves not properly adjusted, maybe holding some valves slightly open.

John

About the only other advice I can offer is to carefully check thru the ignition and timing. Pickup, coil, cap & rotor, wires, grounds. Make sure the engine is grounded to the frame somehow. Maybe then borrow a carb from somebody and see if that helps isolate the problem.

John

My immediate thoughts are the carb is to big for the application. The dual plane manifold helps with signal at low rpm's but even the primaries are hugh on a 750. If it's running and you've checked timing then it is most likely fuel related. Find another smaller carb to play with a 650 vac secondary would be more in tune with your setup IMHO.