HybridZ

Fat Mat is in! (The while I'm at its are killing me!)

dat240zg

Well, this summer started as a simple (tongue in cheek) V8 swap and has grown to take on a life of its own...

While I was at it....I decided to strip the interior, replace the wiring harness completely (because I was going to have to rewire for my Euro taillights anyway...uh huh...), replaced the seats (the straps were broken on my stockers...sure...), put in a roll cage (for safetys sake....right on...), replace/upgrade all the brakes (more power means more brakes....of course), put a MSA Type3 air dam on (help direct more air for cooling...that's a load), installed a Hot Rod Air A/C system (well sheez..it's a daily driver!)

yada, yada, yada...and oh, by the way, still need to finish the V8 swap :). But - it's almost there!

Here are a couple pics of the FatMat:

DSC03420.JPG

DSC03419.JPG

More pics to follow as progress happens!

Life is great! :)

Bryan

Yea, "while I'm at it's" are notorious. Thats a clean installation, at least if nothing else works out you will be cool in the Summer and have great sound on your music system. I need to do the same thing, but I'm not really "at it" yet. I'm sure it will get there before long. Very nice job.

Thanks for the words guys. The fatmat added about 22 lbs (I added the amount that I had left over from the 100 sqft. and subtracted from the original weight of 30). I did remove all of the old that was down with the exception of the back deck. I added the fatmat to the inside of the rear quarter panels, the inside of the taillight panel and doubled it up on the back deck.