HybridZ

newb with 280z needs help from zcar efi gurus

Guest jcgaddis

Guest jcgaddis

n/a '78 280z w/stock fi

Here are my problems:

-car stalls and will not idle, but will run crappily if i give it gas, after temp gauge is at about 1/4, but before that the car runs like a bat outta hell.(for an l6)

-car will not idle below about 1400rpm even when cold.

ok, so here are the specs on my engine:

-.40 over f54 block w/flat top pistons

-n42 head

-msa 6-1 header w/twice pipes exhaust

-removed and plugged egr(wasnt working) and cold start valve (was leaking horribly)

a little history:

The car ran great the first 7 miles of its maiden voyage, then i blew the oil pump gasket (fixed, no leaks)so i used engine degreaser to clean it up. ran like crap untill i cleaned the electrical contacts and tps. also repositioned the carbon track in the afm.

i am in a bit of a bind because school starts back in a week, so my time is going to be very limited (taking 17 hours this coming semister), and i really need to get it running before then. i know this isnt much of a hybrid engine, but i've been reading the fourms here for about 2 years, and you all seem to really know what you're talking about. i posted this same thing over at classiczcar.com and didnt get much of a response (1 post saying it was tps if i remeber correctly) so i figured i'd see what yall thought might be causing this.