HybridZ

Brake booster and master cylinder (question for scca)

Is that booster from a 2+2? If so it'll interfere with the clutch master...

I too have much the same questions. I've got a stock 240 masterbooster righ tnow. My present thought is to bolt it all together and see how it works icon_smile.gif seriously, when I did a BIG upgrade on my Mustang i was told all sorts of stuff and even given a BIG booster for it that would've required bashing things to fit. Rather than doing any of th esuggestions I bolted it on with the stock setup and took it for a cautious spin - it worked out great! It can't hurt to try that for this too so long as you're careful and not in a big hurry...

MikeSCCA - what can ya' tell us? I know you've go tsome "new" 280 masters in stock, are they really needed? What sorts of mods does that require? Bolts are different, yes? What booster, other than the 2+2 can we use and is it worth it?

Well, I haven't had too much time in my car yet, but here's my observations so far about my brakes:

I have the 300zx rotor/hub/4runner caliper setup front, 280zx caliper/rotor in back. I also have the stock booster and master cylinder.

Before the power booster was hooked up, took it around the block. the brakes were solid but not too heavy. After, they were light, but not too light. Didn't feel overboosted or anything. Solid feel, stops QUICK.

Just my $.02

I have converted my front brakes to Mike Gibson's(scca) stage II set-up (11.5" x .81" thick vented rotor and Outlaw 4-piston(1.75 in)calipers. I am in the process of upgrading the rear brakes as follows:

1985 maxima fron rotors 10.75" x 0.81" vented

Outlaw 2800 series 4 piston calipers (1.38")

Custom mounting bracket

My questions are:

1. Can I use the master cylinder from a 1974 260Z (does the rear side move enough fluid)?

2. If I use the later 280ZX master cylinder, should I also use the later brake booster?

I have a later booster(it's huge compared to the 260 unit. Will the 280ZX booster supply too much assist?

Thanks,

Dan

Guest scca

iusually find that the larger 15/16" master works better than the 7/8" one. the master to get isfor the 81 280zx, the 82-3 wont fit as the pattern is different..

the only issue i've seen is that the booster sometimes will seem to affect the pedal "feel"....