HybridZ

my sub box

nismo kid

• 3 weeks later...

well days even weeks have passed since i had started my sub box. i kno what all you guys are thinking (what took him so long) well i work full time and i'm a manager so i dont really have that much time on my hands. but today was my only day off this week and i finally finished my box except for paint. i also made kick panels for the bottem pert of the doors, but those are not done yet. well here is alot of pics that i have taken over the entire process and sorry if i put too many. :oops:

Picture004.jpg my first layer of bondo

Picture003.jpg after sanding the coat of bondo/bondoglass

Picture002.jpg one of the the kick panels for the lower part of the doors

Picture001-1.jpg another pic of one of the kick panels

SP_A0003.jpg a pic of it in the car after all of the sanding completed

SP_A0004.jpg another one

SP_A0005.jpg and another one

SP_A0006.jpg test fitting

SP_A0007.jpg this is how it will look in the car(it will be gloss black with matching kick panels...oh did you notice the nissan symbol 8)

SP_A0008.jpg another pic

SP_A0009.jpg and another one(crappy cause i began to fall)

SP_A0010.jpg and the last one

well let me kno what all you guys think. thanx!!!! :lol: (all of the pics were done ith my phone)

• 1 year later...
You got skilz. Couple of questions... How did or do you get something like that smoothed enough to paint gloss black and not show every little uneven spot? I think it looks great kinda reminds me of that RX7 in the first fast and furious movie :)

heres how it was done. after you are done fiberglassing you want to sand with either 60,-80 grit sandpaper, until it is a little smoother, then to what I understand you apply body filler to the low spots, and sand that down, then use a higher grit sandpaper to get the scratches out, then you wet sand (optional) with 800 grtit, then prime, and paint.

I've been researching this online for quite sometime now, and I am starting my own sub box.

heres how it was done. after you are done fiberglassing you want to sand with either 60,-80 grit sandpaper, until it is a little smoother, then to what I understand you apply body filler to the low spots, and sand that down, then use a higher grit sandpaper to get the scratches out, then you wet sand (optional) with 800 grtit, then prime, and paint.

I've been researching this online for quite sometime now, and I am starting my own sub box.

Pretty much the same as auto body work.