HybridZ

Upgrading T5 in 280ZXT with stronger gear sets

I've done searches but didn't find an answer to my question.

Has anyone here had any experience with rebuilding the ZX T5 with stronger aftermarket gear sets offered for pony cars (Mustangs and Camaros)? Can I retain the same input and output shafts for the ZXT?

Allow me to elaborate:)

As far as my understanding goes the 280ZXT trannys used thrust washers with cylindrical bearings on the counter shaft and there is no bearings under each gear and the bronze Syncros.---I have not rebuilt a T5 non-world class yet. I have only done T5 world class trannys.

The T5 world class trannys use tapered bearings to replace the bronze thrust washers. Needle bearings were installed under 1,2, and 3rd gears.

To get to the point...I need to know if the shafts in the T5 NWC of the 280ZXT and T5 WC of later pony cars use the same grooving and journals before I blow my wad on a high-end aftermarket rebuild kit.

Otherwise I may have to get an imput shaft custom made and swap bell housings with a pony car tranny.