HybridZ

New update on the '33 dodge

dr_hunt

Well, mud raced today, some boys came down from up north, 509" BBC in a rail, flipped it at the end of the pit and ran a 4.24. Dave Wilguess 440 chrysler in a 32 ford coupe 4.60 and 5.10. Jack Koboerna 496" BBC in Datsun P/U with 250shot of NOS 5.99 and 6.30, little ol' me 357" chevy in the '33 dodge 6.90 and 6.80. Guess I'm going to need more motor.

Sooooooo, I did some trading this afternoon. The 454 with 2 bolt mains, steel crank, 3/8" rods, TRW 10:1 forged pistons went bye bye. I kept the Brodix heads. Swapped for a .060 over 4 bolt 454 block, 427 steel crank, deep sump BBC pan and a 4 bolt 400 SBC block that's standard.

So, I been figuring that I'm going to build a 427 .100 over, 14:1 compression, roller cam, with the Brodix heads, single carb. Those BB2 heads are pretty good, but not that good for Big inch motors so I think I'll stay small and wind it tight, like 8000 or so! So, that's next.