HybridZ

Has anyone "back halfed" a z?

Guest Night_rider_383

Guest Night_rider_383

I forgot to add this to my thread i just placed but i was thinking of adding a back half kit to my z, and i wanted to know if anyone has any tips for me on this. If one of yall has done it what rear kit did you use? CE, S&W, Chris chassis works, etc. and what kinds probs did you run into?

Thanks,

John (nightrider)

Guest Anonymous

I haven't done it but a guy with a 350/(or was it a ford) RX7 had his car Back halved I emailed him very nice guy.He mentioned he had no prior experince since his project sorry I didn't ask him about which sub frame he used.

Try to searech for the link "small cars with big engines" I think you will find him there.

Guest Anonymous

Hi John

This is Jack I sent you some pictures of my 74 260z that i was in the process of tubbing.

The fourlink w/coil over set came from Chassis Works, also it has a 12point cage.

A ladder bar are just too long for this car wheel base, the ladder bar end up under your seat. I used 1 5/8 mild steel tubing, this allow me to be able to install a 14x32 slick or 19x32 street tire. I also used a track locator because a panhard bar is a tight fit. I will also send you pictures of my 78z it had a four link and a ford 9in w/ 19x31.5 mickey thompson sportman pro. My biggest problem with these car are legg room, I,m 6'5. I'm getting ready to sell one of these cars. Give a me few days and I will send you very detail pictures of both car.

Guest Night_rider_383

Michael.... Thanks man It would be a big help to see some of the chassis/floor ran pics. If you was closer to me i might try to buy that one off of you, but the tow fee will kill me on getting it lol.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...
Hi John

This is Jack I sent you some pictures of my 74 260z that i was in the process of tubbing.

The fourlink w/coil over set came from Chassis Works' date=' also it has a 12point cage.

A ladder bar are just too long for this car wheel base, the ladder bar end up under your seat. I used 1 5/8 mild steel tubing, this allow me to be able to install a 14x32 slick or 19x32 street tire. I also used a track locator because a panhard bar is a tight fit. I will also send you pictures of my 78z it had a four link and a ford 9in w/ 19x31.5 mickey thompson sportman pro. My biggest problem with these car are legg room, I,m 6'5. I'm getting ready to sell one of these cars. Give a me few days and I will send you very detail pictures of both car.[/quote']

Digging up a way old post, but do you still have those pictures? If so, I would be highly interested in seeing them.

I am going to email you directly as well.

Thanks!!!