HybridZ

What to look for, and how much to pay?

Venture

A guy at my work has a 82 or 83 turbo motor that he's been storing for a long time. I'm sure it needs all new gaskets and seals, but he says it had only had 32,000 miles when he pulled it out. Something about a tornado and a telephone pole. I'm not sure if he has all the parts or not. What should I be looking for when I take a look at the motor? I'm going to put it in my 280Z. How much should I offer if he has the full package. How much could be missing and still be worth my time?

Thanks in advance for the help, you guys are awesome.

$400 for a complete motor. Make sure it has the dizzy with the CAS all the turbo parts, down pipe, Jpipe, check to make sure its a P90 head not a P90a or a P79 (the P79 head didn't come on turbo motors). No cracks in the exaust manifold, oil cooler, wireing harness if your gonna use the stock or z31 ecu, thats most of the basic turbo stuff. pull the valve cover see what the cam and rockers look like. there might be other stuff but i can't think of any right now.

good luck :burnout: